Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTDEN024 – Implement an Oral Hygiene Program for Older People is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit of competency describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to promote oral health for older people.
This unit applies to dental assistants and other health care workers who are actively involved in promoting the general well-being of older patients through the promotion of healthy eating habits and good oral health.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
- Check medical and dental history with patient or carer to confirm up-to-date information and confirm with treating practitioner prior to treatment
- Identify individualized factors that increase the risk of oral disease for older persons
- Plan and provide oral hygiene information to patients and carers using language and in a manner they can understand
- Actively encourage patients or carers to clean teeth or dentures after meals
- Assist patients with special needs to clean their teeth
The Student must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!