Nationally Recognised Qualification
HLTDEN018 Implement an Individualized Oral Hygiene Program is delivered by Health Courses Australia with RTO Code 32412
This unit of competency describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to implement an individualized oral hygiene program and promote oral health.
This unit applies to dental assistants and to other health care workers who are actively involved in promoting the general well-being of patients through promotion of healthy eating habits and good oral health.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards and industry codes of practice.
- Provide detailed information on the causes and prevention of oral diseases to patient or carer using language that can be easily understood
- Implement a review strategy to determine the effectiveness of the oral health education program
- Assist patient or carer in implementing relevant oral hygiene techniques
- Actively encourage patient or carer to ask questions or express views
- Perform a resting or unstimulated saliva test and record the result in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Provide information on materials that can provide additional external protection to the teeth
The Student must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
How to apply to enrol:
- Enrol online by clicking the enrol now button
- Click on Enquire now and send an enquiry and request for an enrolment form to fill and send
- Call us on 07 5689 1500 to enrol on the phone.
Un-sure? Have questions? Speak to our friendly course counsellor! call us on 07 5689 1500 or email us with the Enquire now Link. We are here to help!